Have you correctly connected UPS but you're facing some issue during label creation? 🔍
Here's how you can fix them case by case:
📌 To check: Name and company fields must be shorter than 35 characters.
The Name and Company fields must not exceed 35 characters for labels created with UPS.
📌 Postal Code length must be 5 numbers.
The Postal Code must necessarily be 5 digits and must not contain special characters, such as - or /.
📌 Province must be in the form of an abbreviation.
In the Recipient State field, you are asked to enter the province in the form of an abbreviation. The province in full form will generate a label in error.
📌User Id and Shipper Number combination is not qualified to receive negotiated rates.
In this case contract's tariffs haven't been synchronized, so you need to verify your credentials and, if correct, ask UPS to abilitate rates via API.
📌The shipper number cannot be used for the shipment.
This Error indicate that the Account Number may be wrong or suspended.
If this message occurs, check with your UPS contact.
📌Missing or Invalid Notification/Notification Code
In order to solve this error try to disable notifications from Carriers > Connection > UPS > Edit.
📌Failure: Unable to determine destination for Time in Transit Information.
For this type of error you should disable the option View Time in Transit from Carriers > Connection > UPS > Edit and then try to create the label again.
📌 Failure: The country associated with Shippers ShipperNumber must be the same as the shipments Shippers country. (120120)
The error message indicates that your UPS account is not enabled for shipments from the outbound country you have requested. While your UPS account number might be enabled "for every function" (e.g. rating, label purchase, pickup, etc.) it might not be enabled for all outbound countries.
📌 Negotiated rates are unavailable at this time
If this error occurs, UPS server is temporary not able to communicate rates. Please try again later.
📌 Failure: Missing or invalid Notification/NotificationCode
You may have received this error for a number of reasons. However, more than likely it's because your shipper number (Account Number) from the Shipping API was not added to your ups.com profile.
To verify you have the correct information in your UPS.com profile proceed as following:
- Log in to ups.com (Be sure to use the same User ID and Password that is in your Shipping API).
- Select Account Summary from the My UPS tab rollover menu.
- Verify your account is listed; if not, select the Add a UPS Account link.
- Follow the instructions to add the account
📌 Failure: Invalid Access License number (250003)
This error means that your XML access key is not valid for the server. Double check it and make sure you have production access to the UPS address validation API.
📌 Missing/invalid shipper number
In case you receive this error proceed as following:
- Log in to ups.com (be sure to use the same User ID and Password employed for Shipping API)
- Select Account Summary from My UPS tab rollover menu.
- Verify whether your account is listed or not; if not, select Add a UPS Account option.
- Follow the instructions to add your account.
📌 Failure: The ShipFrom country must be the same as the Shipper country (120317)
You can fix it in three ways:
- Access Carriers > Connection > UPS > Edit > flag Use your company info as fixed shipper option.
- Set that the order you're going to ship is a return label by clicking on the blue arrow before creating it.
- Through API by adding: "IsReturn": true into the Ship request.
📌Failure: Missing or invalid ship from StateProvinceCode (120306)
In this case proceed to disable Enable Paperless option if active and select Use your company info as fixed shipper from Carriers > Connection > UPS > Edit.
Then proceed to update the shipment by clicking on Edit and Confirm inside Shipping Labels menu.
📌 The Shippers shipper number cannot be used for the shipment
If you face this error please get in touch with your UPS Person.