Connecting DHL Express to ShippyPro is easy. However, there are some specific settings you're required to enter. Let's see how! 🔍
How it works ⚙️
You can connect your DHL Express account from Carriers > Connection. There you have a list with all our carriers' integrations.
- You just need to click over DHL Express logo:
2. From the window that pops up, you need to click on the first check-box if you'd like to enable shipments with Cash on Delivery, otherwise they cannot be processed.
A yellow alert will inform you that you need to notify your DHL referent that you'll use Cash on Delivery.
If you enable it, please remind to make a test label with Cash on Delivery amount and then forward to your DHL Account Manager to check if the amount is correctly registered in their system. (DHL should enable your contract number to create labels with COD through API).
3. Later on, you should enter DHL Account Number that can be found in a DHL invoice or in your DHL Profile section on the top left column.
📌 Note: The DHL Account Number should always start with a "1" and be 9 digits long, but it can be different from country to country.
DHL Inbound Account Number
This field is not mandatory. Enter your Inbound Account Number only if you manage also inbound shipments.
📌 Note: The DHL Inbound Account Number should always start with a "9" if you ship from UK
4. Select then the Label Format that you prefer: PDF, ZPL or EPL.
5. Select the size of the labels. Please note that A4 is only for PDF, while 10x15 and 10x20 options can be chosen if you selected ZPL or EPL.
Tick over Request archive doc if you would like to have a copy after each label. It will appear next to the generated label. This option can be useful if you drop off packages directly at DHL offices.
Clicking on On Demand Delivery your customers will be able to schedule the delivery.
6. From Service Type, you can decide whether ShippyPro should show rates from all services in your contracts (then tick over All Services) or show only Express or Economy rates.
If you'd like to print your Return Labels, you'll need to tick this box and insert your DHL Inbound Account Number as well. This will allow you to create inbound shipments.
💡Note: Please note that the label format will be the one you chose for outbound shipments. It cannot be changed for return labels.
You can also decide to exclude rate if the price is not available or automatically print your commercial invoices for international shipments by simply enabling its dedicated option.
7. Lastly, you can decide to enter a Custom Label for the integration, so it will be easier to manage if you have other DHL Express connections.
8. Click then on Confirm.
Rates will be taken automatically from your DHL contract so you don't need to configure them.
📌 According to the service you'll choose for the shipment, the label will present a different code like WPX (for non doc shipments) or DOC.