ShippyPro automatically compares the shipping rates of your carriers and choose the best option for you.
So you have all your Carrier Rates with your Carrier Options in one place and choosing the best option will be super quick.
Learn how to save time and money setting your Carrier Rates! 🔍
- How it works ⚙️
In order to add your Carrier Rates, you need to connect your Carriers first. Click here to learn how to do it in a few steps:
Once you set tariffs for your carriers, ShippyPro will compare rates showing the lowest prices first.
Is it always necessary to add my Carrier Rates?
No, it's not. Note that some carriers (DHL Express, UPS, FedEx and TNT Express) automatically send your negotiated rates to ShippyPro after the connection.
For these carriers, you don't need to add any rates, since they're automatically retrieved from your carrier account and contract.
Moreover, you don't have to add rates if you're not interested in tariffs comparison or if you only have one carrier.
The rates shown on ShippyPro automatically include fuel surcharge, remote zones area surcharge and other additional costs.
💡Note: Rates are shown in Euro, you can edit the currency from My Profile > Preferences.
- How to add my Carrier Rates
For other carriers, it's necessary to import your own price list or write manually. It's an easy operation that, once made, will help you to save time and money.
From Carriers > Connection, just click on Edit Prices, next to the carrier logo on the right.
In the window that will open, you'll find all the prices, surcharges and zone settings.
1. How to copy a price list from another
If for any reason you need to connect the same carrier twice, you can copy the same price list. So you don't have to copy and paste the same list manually.
You can do it from the button on the top right corner of the page:
2. How to Add Zones
First of all, it's important to enter the same zones of your Carrier Contract.
In order to do so, you can simply click on Add Zone on the right:
💡Note: For some carrier, you'll find some predefined zone. In this case, please make sure that the zones are the same as in you contract.
- Clicking on Add Zone a new window will be opened. There, you can type the zone manually or select it from the list. You can then specify some postcodes or add only specific postcodes.
- You may also need to exclude some zones, for example difficult areas. In this case, click on Excluded Zone on the top left and add the relative postcodes.
💡Note: If you'd like to exclude some zones, it's important to insert them only after the included zones. For example, add the zone France first if you need to exclude some difficult zones of France.
Remember to always click on Add Zone on the bottom to successfully save your settings.
3. Add weight and prices
For each zone, you can then add your weight ranges with the relative prices. You can either import them with an Excel or add them manually.
- To import them with an Excel file, you need to enter only the weight ranges first. Click then on Download Excel to download the predefined file. You can match weight ranges included before with the relative prices. It will only take you a minute.
- Adding weight ranges manually it's simple as well. Add the weight range and then add the relative price for each zone.
📎 Remember that the unit of measure of weight makes reference to the one you set when you first registered to ShippyPro. You can change it from My Profile > Preferences.
4. Carrier Options
Under Carrier Options, you'll find some predefined options for each carrier. You can fill these fields with their relative price according to your contract options.
5. Handle Overweight
From this section, you can manage overweight. After setting up all your weight ranges, you should enter the maximum weight that you find on your carrier contract.
You'll then have a gradual price increase every X kg starting from the maximum weight you added. This value should be included in your carrier contract.
Here's an example: the maximum weight is 500 kg and the last weight range you set is 20 kg. Starting from 20 kg to 500 kg, you'll pay 1 euro every 10 kg.
You can enter a price increment for each zone.
Here you can set if your carrier supports Cash on Delivery, Multiple Parcels or Triangulations by clicking on the relative buttons.
Also, you'll then find some additional options and surcharges that you need to enter only if you have them listed on your carrier contract.
Here some examples:
- Fuel surcharge %: it's fuel percentage charge to add to your tariff.
- Cash on delivery surcharge and Cash on delivery surcharge %: these options add a surcharge amount to the tariff if shipment contains COD payment.
First one indicates a fixed value, while the second one is assigned accordingly to the percentage included.
Eg. if COD is 100 euros and percentage is 10%, 10 euros will be added to the final tariff.
💡Note: If both percentage and fixed value are declared, the system will only consider the higher one.
Same thing for Insurance surcharge.
- Single parcel maximum weight: in case of a parcel inside the shipment exceeds the value added in this field, carrier will be automatically excluded.
- Maximum side sum: if L + H + W exceeds the included value, carrier will be automatically excluded.
💡Note: if your carrier supports greater parcels shipment, you can follow the same logic as for parcel maximum weight.
Set Maximum Side Sum and then click on Manage Excess, then add your Exceed value (so a number that it's greater than side sum, like 600 in the first field and 700 in the second one) and the Price.
- Maximum major side - minor side sum: this option excludes the carrier if major side - minor side sum exceeds the value included.
Eg. Major side - minor side sum = 50
If parcel dimensions are 100 x 50 x 10, keeping into consideration that major side is 100 and minor side is 10,
100 + 10 = 110 > 50
Carrier will automatically be excluded.
- Maximum Side Sum logic can also be applied to Maximum L (Length), Maximum W (Weight) and Maximum H (Height).
- Delivery days - min and max: they need to be applied only in case you use Live Rate, then they'll be automatically calculated and shown during Carriers comparison.
- Additional parcels surcharge: also follows Maximum Side Sum rules, so add here the price for each extra parcel.
- Fixed surcharge: as the name can suggest, putting a fixed value here, it will be applied to every shipment made with that Carrier.
- Triangle surcharge: even in this case you can apply a fixed price for triangle shipments (so if sender address for a shipment is different from the one in your Profile).
- Add VAT when applicable, specify percentage: you can add here VAT in order to show prices with it included.
Regarding Denominator Coefficient, please remember to enter 4 digits number.
My Carrier's prices are wrong! What can I do?
You've just tried shipping one of your orders but the tariffs shown do not correspond to the negotiated rates from your contract.
What to do now?
Click here to learn how to fix your wrong carrier's prices: