You can connect your GLS account for all countries in Europe except for Italy, France, Spain - Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovenia, Croatia (which can be connected through GLS Eastern Europe) in just few steps.
Let's see how to do it! 🔍
Contact your GLS Sales Manager ✉️
To connect GLS you need to ask your GLS Sales Person the activation of your API credentials.
Add your API Credentials 🔑
Click on GLS Logo to connect the carrier. Here's the pop up that will show up with the fields to fulfill:
Contact ID 👤
Add your Contact ID, if you don't have it you can ask to your GLS Account Manager.
Customer Number 🔢
Same thing for your GLS Customer Number.
Add here the API Username received from your GLS Sales Person.
Add here the API Password received from your GLS Sales Person.
Label Type 📝
Gives you the possibility you to choose the correct label format for your printer.
You can choose between:
Sender Address 🚚
Fill this field by selecting your Sender Address previously set up from My Addresses section.
Click below to discover how to set up your addresses. 🔎
Integration type ⚙️
As last thing, decide which type of integration employ for your connection, we'd suggest you to always proceed through Web API option.
If you want, you can also enter a Custom Label to recognize the connection among all the others.
Some tips to solve GLS issues 📌
- In case you face Input validation error during the creation of your labels it means that your GLS account hasn't been activated yet for WebService use.
You can request its activation at the following email address:
- If you face “The provided shipper is not allowed to create shipments” during connection it means that you need to ask API activation on your credentials to your GLS Sales Person.
🔍 What's next?
- How to connect your Marketplaces
- How to ship orders from Marketplaces
- How to set up a Rule for a Carrier