Are these your first steps in the labeling world?
No problem, we are here to help you select the best option according to your needs!🙌
1. Labels Dimensions
The most important thing to keep in mind is that each Carrier has its own label dimensions, which mainly are:
- A4 PDF
- A6 PDF 10x15 cm / 4x6 inches
- A6 ZPL 10x15 cm / 4x6 inches (ZPL can be printed thermal printers).
- A6 EPL 10x15 cm / 4x6 inches (EPL cannot be transformed in PDF).
You can check Carriers' features from the link below:
Here some exceptions:
- DHL Express and DHL Parcel are 10x20 cm / 4x8 inches. (DHL Express can be set up also as ZPL in 10X15 cm / 4x6 inches).
- SDA are 10x12 cm / 4x5 inches.
- GLS Italy are 10x10 cm / 4x4 inches.
- DPDUK are only ZPL.
📌 Please note that Label format must be changed from Carriers > Edit > Save.
⚠️ Nexive needs to set up label format from their account.
Once the format is changed, the new preferences will be applied starting from new labels, the labels created previously the edit will keep the previous format.
If you want, you can edit them by clicking on the pencil icon from Shipping Labels and save to get a new label, as well as a new tracking, in the updated format.
The options from My Profile > Printing Preferences > General printing settings are mainly useful to Print ZPL in PDF.
📌 If you are converting DHL Express labels from ZPL to PDF , be sure to have set up A6 ZPL YES and 4x8 inches (10x20cm), otherwise you will lose the last barcode.
2. How to put margins
Here how you can fix your labels margins:
Try to download the PDF and open it on Adobe, then print from there.
- If the issue is solved, it was due to the browser, we suggest you to change Browser or check settings.
- If the issue is not solved, the reason may be on printer settings, we suggest you to check from Control Panel > Printers > Printer settings /Preferences on Windows.
Apply changes and restart the printer, print again from Adobe or from browser.
Labels' margin can be adjusted from Control Panel > Printers > Printer Settings > Preferences on Windows.
Also check Zebra Set up utilities (printer drivers) > print preferences > Edit > Check margins.
Apply changes and restart printer, print again from ShippyPro > Print > Print on zebra.
And you're done! Now your labels are perfectly ready to be attached to your parcels. 🎈