With ShippyPro, it's possible to set predefined parcel dimensions in order to save time when you ship your orders!
This could be useful, for example, if your products have standard dimensions and can be assigned to a specific parcel each time. You won't have to enter the same dimensions again and again.
Let's see how it works! 🔍
1. How to add parcels dimensions
You'll find predefined dimensions that can easily be edited from Admin > My Addresses and Parcels > My Parcels.
You can either add parcels dimensions manually or import an Excel file.
- Adding parcels dimensions manually
You can easily add your parcels dimensions manually by clicking on Add a parcel.
- Firstly, set parcels dimensions and weight.
- Dimensions and weight are referred to the Parcel to be assigned to a SKU and not to the Product itself.
- You need to add at least 100 g weight, under this value it won't be recognized
You can then associate a specific SKU to your parcel dimensions. Then, all your products with the same SKU will be automatically associated with these sizes.
2. Multiple quantity preference: It's possible to choose how to assemble the parcels. If you have assigned parcels dimensions to SKUs and you have an order with multiple SKUs, it's possible to choose how to manage parcels:
- Assemble: In case there are more SKUs of the same type in one order, our system will automatically determine a sum of longer sides between SKUs dimensions already registered and assign them one big parcel that contains all the items of the order.
- Multiple Parcel: In case there are more SKUs of the same type in one order, our system will keep parcels dimensions divided and assign one parcel to each SKU, so that to create multiple parcels automatically.
3. Lastly, custom your parcel dimensions with a label and click on Save.
💡Note: you can also decide to assign
- Adding parcels dimensions with an Excel
If you already have a list of SKUs with predefined weight and dimensions, it will be possibile to download an Excel file by clicking on Download Excel on the top left.
Then select one or none of the following options:
- If SKU already exists - Update values: this option will update the already existing SKU with the information imported with the Excel file.
- If SKU already exists - Add another parcel for the SKU: in this case it will be added a second predefined parcel associated to the SKU just imported.
- If SKU already exists - Delete: the previous SKU will be cancelled and replaced by the new one.
Open the file and fill the required fields. You can label each dimension so that you can distinguish it from other parcels dimensions.
💡Note: Please remember that under Multiple quantity preference you need to put 0 for Assemble or 1 for Multiple Parcels
Import then the file on My Parcels by clicking on Import Excel so that your parcels dimensions will be automatically uploaded.
2. How to manage parcels dimensions
You can set some additional options that will be valid for every parcels dimension you added.
You can decide to split parcels every 3 kg, for example. Or also, if you'd like to assemble parcels when multiple SKUs are present turn the button on Yes.
- Set parcels dimension as default
You can set the parcel that you mostly use to ship your orders as default by clicking on Set as default.
However, while shipping your orders you can choose another predefined parcel or type dimensions manually.
- Edit ✏️ or delete 🗑 your parcel dimensions
You can edit your parcel dimensions singularly by clicking on Edit.
You can also delete a specific parcel:
- Singularly, by clicking on the red button Delete.
- Or in bulk, deleting all the parcel dimensions you set by clicking on Delete all parcels.
- Search specific parcel dimension
You can search and filter specific parcel dimensions by typing either the custom label you set or the SKU you associated using the search bar on the left.