ShippyPro API is the easiest way to integrate your system with 120+ Carriers worldwide to ship your packages.
Let's see how APIs work step by step 🔍
1. What to do first
To start using ShippyPro API, you should first:
- Create a ShippyPro Account by clicking here. If you'd like to know how to create an account step by step, click here.
- Connect your Carriers Account from Carriers > Connection and complete the Carrier setup. For more details, please read the relative article here.
- After setting up your ShippyPro profile, read our API-Documentation carefully. You'll find all the information you need in order to use our API there.
- You can decide to activate an API Orders Folder to easily manage your API Orders directly from the platform, discover here how to do it.
📌 Don't forget to take a look at our Marketplace API in order to to import all your order details into ShippyPro.
2. ShippyPro API
Our APIs are written to be RESTful.
You'll find your API Key by clicking on Integrations > API.
Once you copied your API Key, follow these steps explained here:
API Documentation > Authentication.
Please remember to set the API Call as follows:
- API KEY as Username
- Leave the Password blank
3. ShippyPro API CALLS
Here the most used API requests:
- GET RATES
ShippyPro RATE API allows you to get the rates of all your carriers ordered by price with just one simple API Request. The response will also include estimated delivery days.
📌 Rates will depend from the ones included in the contract with the Carrier, here how to add them.
Ship allows you to generate labels according to your label settings for any supported carriers.
📌 Note: Remember that Ship and Edit Calls will generate REAL shipping labels that will be counted as part of the 30 provided each month. We suggest you to use Generic Carrier to test these calls.
📌 Note: Please note that the values CarrierName, CarrierService and CarrierID have to be added from here.
Remember that if you put Async = true, you'll have to use a Webhook in order to generate a label.
With this API you can track your shipments and get notified to a webhook whenever your shipment receives a new status.
Discover all our API Calls in our Help dedicated section!
From Integrations > API, click on View API logs to see live requests and responses in more detail.
By clicking on API Errors instead, it's possible to consult all the history of errors faced.
Through Webhook Logs, by inserting your endpoint you'll get notified upon changes of delivery state as well as be able to access to useful insights about tracking updates
4. How can I test ShippyPro API?
You can test our API using Generic as Carrier. We created this carrier in order to test all ShippyPro features.
📌 Note: Generic is not a real Carrier, it won't generate any real tracking number. Learn how to use Generic Carrier here.
🔍 What's Next?
- How do I connect Webhooks?
- Is it possible to test ShippyPro APIs for free?
- How to activate API Orders folder in To Ship section